Domaine Nicolas Faure
Domaine Nicolas Faure is a one-man Domaine located in Meuilley, behind the city of Nuits-Saint-Georges. The Domaine was born out of the determination and the strong passion that Nicolas has for wine. He did not inherit vineyards in Burgundy nor its rules or tradition and is building his Domaine from scratch solely based on his own conviction and vision.
Nicolas learned his skills from the best. In 2006, he worked at Domaine Agnès Paquet in Meloisey and in 2007 he did an internship at Domaine de la Romanée-Conti. During this time Nicolas attended the famous Beaune Wine University and in 2009, he spent one year at Domaine Jean-Louis Chave working both in the vineyards and at the winery during harvest. Then Nicolas went on a trip to New Zealand to work for Fromm winery in Marlborough.
In 2010 he returned to Burgundy to work for Domaine de la Romanée Conti until 2015. In the meantime, he worked on his own project and future Domaine. Finally, since March 2015, in order to further his development Nicolas has been working at Domaine Prieuré-Roch part-time. It is extremely impressive for someone so young to have had such a diverse range of experience. As a result, his motivation and vision are intact and pure.
Vines & Wine
• Whatever the appellation the vineyard is planted on, he does “haute-couture” work and does it all himself.
• Organic Viticulture
• Non-intervention winemaking
• Low yields thus producing naturally concentrated juice
• No addition of anything in his wines other than a little bit of sulphur
• Reds are made using whole bunches crushed in an original vertical press.