Domaine Pierre Girardin
Making waves in Burgundy since his first vintage at the age of 21, Pierre-Vincent Girardin is a formidable force with 13 generations of winemaking knowledge to back him up. With just 4.5 hectares to begin his label, he now has access to renowned parcels across Burgundy to bring out impressive and age-worthy wines.
Pierre-Vincent Girardin, a 13th generation Burgundian winemaker, grew up among the vines in his father’s Domaine learning the family traditions from a very young age. Enamoured by the world of winemaking, his father, Vincent Girardin, made sure to hold onto a select few parcels when Domaine Vincent Girardin was sold in 2012. Les Folatières in Puligny-Montrachet, the parcel from which Pierre learnt all his viticulture knowledge sits close to his heart. These 4.5 hectares of vines became the platform for Pierre-Vincent to spring off and bring his own label to fruition in 2017 at the young age of 21. The family contacts brought him access to top growers that share his philosophies in the vineyard, expanding his reach of terroirs including Pommard "Rugiens", Pommard "Grand Epenots", Vosne-Romanée "Les Suchots", Corton-Charlemagne, as well as Grand Cru Montrachet.
Vines & Wine
• Organic Viticulture
• The vineyards in Pommard and Vosne-Romanée, which Pierre-Vincent contracts grapes from, is where he is also looking after the vines, as if they were his own.
• Introducing Biodynamic practices
• Raises trellises rather than pruning (to encourage photosynthesis without clipping the vines).
• Uses custom barrels of 456L from Tonnellerie François Frères.
• Reds have little to no pigeage after a long and gentle press and no filtration or fining.
Domaine Pierre-Vincent Girardin
Championing Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, Pierre-Vincent wines are celebrated for their cellaring potential. His Chardonnays are a vivid yellow hue with citrus aromas, floral flavours, and some stunningly bright acidity. With the Pinot Noirs filling the nose with floral notes, and spices and capturing a long finish. customers to your store.